Sunday, March 22, 2009

Taking the Plunge

Well, I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now. I read lots of them, and everytime I leave a ridiculously long comment on someone else's blog I think to myself, "I really should start my own blog so I can post things like this instead of hogging someone's comment thread". But, alas, I am lazy. In fact, I'm so lazy that often I am too lazy to sign out of my regular gmail account and into my canuck_grad one so that I can leave comments on blogs without anonymous posting. You might think, then, that I am too lazy to blog - but you've forgotten to take into account my great affinity for procrastination! Plus I like to talk (or write) - my nickname in high school rugby was "Yappy". And Blogger appeals to my laziness because I can just email my posts through my regular gmail acocunt.

So why am I finally starting a blog now? Because I like to get free stuff in the mail. And Profgrrrrl promised to send me some if I promise to send some to other people. I think I made the cut, but I'll wait for confirmation before I post the deal here.

If you don't know anything about me, you can get the quick version of my life in my "about me" box. For the record, I will probably talk lots about my 11 month old, Little Man - because he is sweet and adorable and hilariously funny. So if you find lots of baby talk annoying, feel free to skip it, or to not come back. I will talk about other things too, though! So it would be nice if you came back ... and leave me lots of comments too, I like to chat!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Glad to see you have a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - nice to find your blog. I'm another Canadian psych grad student. Actually, I'm kind of shifting out of grad student mode - I defend my thesis in a couple of weeks and have already started a job.

    ReplyDelete